Hook yourself up with plenty of protein and heart healthy fats with this sweet and spicy salmon dish
SALMON AND SALSA
MAKES 1 SERVING
1/2 cup pineapple, cubed small
1/2 cup tomato, diced
1/4 cup red onion, diced
1 jalapeño, sliced, seeds removed
1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
Juice of 1 lime
8 oz salmon fillet
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Mix all ingredients except for salmon and set aside.
3. Heat a pan on medium heat and lightly spray with oil.
4. Sprinkle salmon with salt and peppeand place in pan skin-side up, searing for 1 to 2 minutes until brown.
5. Turn salmon skin-side down and cook in pan 1 minute before transferring to oven to finish (4 to 5 minutes).
6. Plate salmon alone or over rice and spoon salsa over the salmon.
|NUTRITION PER SERVING|
|373 CALORIE||46g PROTEIN||18g CARBS||14g
CAP IT OFF Capsaicin, found in chili peppers, acts as an antiinflammatory and promotes healthy blood flow.