A chicken-and-bean dish shipped from Boston that has fed the monster appetite of New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski on more than one occasion.
CRISPY CHICKEN BREAST WITH GIGANTE BEANS, VIDALIA ONIONS, CAPERS, AND LEMON SAUCE SERVES 2
1 tbsp coconut oil
Salt and pepper
1 skin-on chicken breast
1 cup canned gigante beans
1 medium carrot (large dice)
1 small white onion (large dice)
1 celery stalk (large dice)
2 cup lemon juice
2 cup olive oil
2 tsp xanthan gum
4 Vidalia onion (sliced thin lengthwise)
1 tbsp capers (rinsed)
6 parsley leaves
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Put a medium sauté pan on high heat and add coconut oil.
3. Salt and pepper chicken breast, Salt and pepper skin-side up
4. Add chicken to hot pan, skin-side. Let chicken cook for about 1 down. skin-side down, on high heat.
5. Turn down to medium heat and cook chicken until skin is brown and crisp.
6. Salt and pepper nonskin side of chicken breast, flip and cook for about 1 minute on medium heat.
7. Transfer chicken to baking tray and place in oven for 1012 minutes; let it rest.
1. Add beans to a pot. Cover with 4 quarts water.
2. Add carrot, white onion, and celery.
3. Cook on medium heat for 122 hours. Taste. Beans should be creamy in texture.
4. Transfer to a metal mixing bowl to cool.
1. In a blender, add lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Blend on medium speed.
2. While blending, slowly incorporate olive oil, then xanthan gum.
3. Blend for another minute and reserve. Set aside until using.
TO ASSEMBLE DISH:
1. Heat beans and Vidalia onion in a sauté pan with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Once hot, place in the middle of a plate.
2. Return chicken to oven and briefly reheat. Once hot, cut chicken in three. Place chicken on top of bean mixture.
3. Scatter capers around plate.
4. With a spoon, drizzle lemon sauce around plate
5. Sprinkle parsley on chicken.
6. Drizzle olive oil on top of chicken and around plate. Serve.
|NUTRITION PER SERVING|
|461 CALORIES||37g PROTEIN||37g CARBS||23g FAT|
Recipe courtesy of chef Michael Schlow, Doretta Taverna & Raw Bar