Not all meatheads are meat eaters. Roll up this eggplant dish to get a vegetarian protein fix.
MAKES 1 SERVING
1 medium-size eggplant
1 cup ricotta cheese
4 tbsp Parmigiano-Reggiano
1 cup jarred marinara sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375°F and place a rack over a large baking sheet.
2. Cut the ends off eggplant. Cut it lengthwise into ¼- to ½-inch-thick slices.
3. Place eggplant on rack; add a pinch of salt and set aside for 15 minutes to release liquid; bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Mix ricotta, egg, and Parmigiano-Reggiano in a large bowl.
5. Add mixture to eggplant slices and roll up tightly.
6. Spread ¼ cup of sauce in a 9-by-13 baking dish.
7. Place eggplant rolls on top of sauce seam side down.
8. Top with remaining sauce and bake uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes.
POWER OF CHEESE Ounce for ounce, Parmigiano-Reggiano has one of the highest protein amounts of any cheese. Combined with ricotta, this meal provides 50 grams of protein.
|NUTRITION PER SERVING|
|740 CALORIES||50g PROTEIN||64gFAT||FAT 35g|