Nonstick, nonfat cooking spray
½ cup turkey sausage, cooked
½ cup onion, diced
¾ cup Swiss cheese, shredded
1 cup baby spinach
1 cup nonfat cottage cheese
½ cup tomatoes, diced
½ cup nonfat evaporated milk
¼ cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
2 whole eggs
2 egg whites
1 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Coat a sauté pan with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat.
3. Add sausage and onion and sauté for 3 minutes until onion is translucent. Set aside.
4. Coat a 9-inch iron skillet with cooking spray. Sprinkle in ¼ cup Swiss cheese.
5. In a mixing bowl, whisk together remaining Swiss cheese with spinach, cottage cheese, tomatoes, evaporated milk, cheddar cheese, whole eggs, egg whites, and baking powder.
6. Pour egg mixture over sausage mixture, then place the pan in the oven.
7. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the middle of the frittata comes out clean.
DID YOU KNOW?
Spinach is loaded with vitamin A and is a good source of potassium, which can lower blood pressure.